I grew up in Fremont and attended Fremont’s public schools (Maloney, Glenmoor, Centerville Junior High), graduating from Washington High School. I attended Santa Clara University, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree, and then graduating cum laude from the Santa Clara University School of Law.
Prior to serving on the Fremont City Council, I served for 10 years on the Fremont Planning Commission and was twice elected Planning Commission Chair.
I have practiced law in the Tri-City area since 1987, and have been active in our community, working with many organizations.
I live in the Centerville area with my wife Teresa, who is a Fremont Unified School District elementary school principal, and with our two children, Paolo Francesco and Chiara Maria.
As a second-generation American whose grandparents variously came from Italy, the Netherlands, and Great Britain, I have a keen sense of kinship with the immigrant families who have made Fremont their home, where over 42% of Fremont’s residents were born outside the United States.
I consider myself a cheerleader for all things Fremont. I believe in greater collaboration between our City and our schools, support making Fremont a magnet for clean-tech and advanced manufacturing companies, and strive to ensure that Fremont remains a great place to live, work and play.
PUBLIC AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- City of Fremont, City Councilmember, 2017-present
- City of Fremont/Fremont Unified School District Liaison Committee Member, 2017-present
- City of Fremont, Planning Commissioner, 2007-2017
- Citizens for Better Community (CBC) Board member, 2014-present
- Chinese American Real Estate Association, Legal Advisor, 2008-present
- Fremont Symphony Orchestra, Board Member, 2016-2017
- Chair, Successor Agency of Fremont’s Dissolved RDA Oversight Board, 2012-2015
- City of Fremont, Integrated Waste Management Advisory Committee, 2005-2007
- Abode Services, Board member and VP 2012-2017
- Citizens for Better Community Volunteer of the Year, 2017
- Community Honoree, Bonaccorsi Family, Fremont Education Foundation Excellence in Education Gala, 2014
- Fremont Chamber of Commerce’s Government Affairs Committee, 2005-2017
- Fremont Education Foundation, Past President and Board member, 2002-2011
- Fremont Education Foundation’s Guy Emanuele Sports Fund Program Chair, 2003-2011
- 30-year member, Fremont Chamber of Commerce and Leadership Fremont Graduate
- Fremont Unified’s 2002 Measure B Health and Safety Bond Campaign, Co-Chair
- Fremont Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Fremont Alumnus, Class of 2001
- Former Panelist, Buz Covalt’s East Bay Politics, Hearst Cable and Comcast
- American Jurisprudence Award, Constitutional Law, Santa Clara Law, 1984
- Fremont Chamber’s Leadership Fremont Commencement Address, Class of 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Master of Ceremonies: Abode Services, Music at the Mission, CBC, CAREA, Silicon Valley Science and Technology Association, FEF Excellence in Education Gala, Indo-American Community Federation, Silicon Valley Food & Art Festival
- Music At The Mission, former Board member
- Partner, Bernard, Balgley & Bonaccorsi, LLP
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, Santa Clara University
- Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, Santa Clara University
- Washington High School, Fremont, California
- Born and raised in Fremont
- Married 27 years to Teresa Batacan Bonaccorsi, Durham Elementary School Principal
- Two children, born and raised in Fremont